Well, how do you choose just 12 best Philadelphia weddings venues in all of Philly? I have tons of experience shooting at all these venues over the past 15 years of being a Philadelphia wedding photographer. For each chosen venue, the couples have been ecstatic, and everything always ran smooth like butter.
That’s not to say there aren’t other all stunning places in the city for your wedding. In the hospitality industry, we are here to make you happy, and these locations will certainly bring a big old smile on your face when you look back at your photographs 🙂
There are so many new fresh and unique venues in Philly, but these are all slam dunks as far as things running smoothly with experienced vendors that will take care of you!
Click on any of the venue names to scroll down
Knowlton Mansion | Bellevue Hotel | Crystal Tea Room | Ritz Carlton | The Curtis | Moulin | Front & Palmer | Please Touch Museum | Union League | Ballroom at the Ben | Horticulture Center | Cescaphe Ballroom
Knowlton Mansion – Conroy Catering
The Knowlton Mansion is a hidden gem in Philly! Where else can you find a barn, horses, and have ample room for large bridal parties and old rustic charm inside? An added bonus, Conroy Catering, does an incredible job, and I do love the staff. I’ve known the bridal attendant there for years, and overall it’s just a pleasure to be there
- Rare rustic charm in the city
- Easy parking
- Amazing grounds
- Great food
- The outdoor ceremony location is excellent
- They have freaking horses!
- Bonfires at night!
- Unique vintage feeling bridal suites
- It can be loud during ceremonies if there is a police siren or firetruck fire engine, but that is not a common occurrence.
Hyatt at the Bellevue Hotel
The Bellevue Hotel has so much to offer! You can have rehearsal dinners at their incredible restaurant 19. The rooms are modern and comfortable. They can accommodate large weddings.
Contact Bellevue for more info 215-982-4907 | Hyatt Bellevue Website | 200 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, 19102
- Modern rooms
- Excellent service
- Great food
- Options to host smaller weddings in the restaurant 19 or one of their other spaces besides the main ballroom area.
- Everything is there onsite for you to wake up, prep, have your ceremony and reception all in one location
- The sunset photos at Restaurant 19 are otherworldly!
- You will need transportation to shoot if you want to go around Philly. However, the best spot is right out front to shoot your timeless City Hall Broadstreet photo.
Crystal Tea Room – Finley Catering
One of the most classic spots in Philly, and everything is right there for you. Besides being one of the best Philadelphia wedding venues, it is also one of the biggest. They can easily work with the largest of guests lists. The bridal suite is surprisingly amazing and elegant. Finley Catering does a fantastic job hence why they have two venues on my list. Miguel, the main attendant, runs the place so smoothly no matter what situation.
- Enormous space for large weddings well over 350 if needed
- Excellent food and service
- Located right next to City Hall for photos
- Large cocktail area
- Beautiful bridal suite
- The staff is very experienced
- Natural light in the bridal suite is excellent for Katuba signings or portraits
- Very hard to find. There are no signs for it on the street, so out-of-town guests will need specific directions.
- The ballroom does not have natural light or windows except for the bridal suite.
Ritz Carlton Philadelphia
One of the most stately hotels and venues in the city! Professional athletes, musicians, and celebrities are often caught in the elevator there. It is so close to city hall that it is hugging William Penn on the top of the most historic landmarks in Philly.
- The white marble walkway down to the ballroom is absolutely stunning!
- Service is top-notch as you would expect from a Ritz Carlton
- Hotel rooms are incredible
- Great location in the city
- The hotel bar is next level!
- There is no natural light in the venue as it is underneath the Ritz Carlton
- Heavy traffic area
The Curtis Atrium By Constellation Catering
The newly renovated Curtis is a stunner! I have worked here many times over the years, and I love this venue for so many reasons. It is in a perfect area for you for photos, right at the corner of Washington Square. You don’t have to travel anywhere for gorgeous Philly photos.
- Ample grand space with tall ceilings
- Excellent caterer
- Located right next to Washington Square and many shooting areas within walking distance
- Amazing marble floors
- Modern bridal suite
- Bad acoustics as there is a large echo due to the high ceilings
Moulin Sherman Mills – Brulee Catering
Moulin at Sherman Mills, I feel, is another hidden gem as one of the best Philadelphia wedding venues. It is an industrial chic space, and it was a 19th-century textile mill. You will love the natural light as its surrounded by windows. The cocktail space is also very modern and beautiful.
- Ample space
- Industrial feel unlike most places in Philly
- Amazing food
- Staff is excellent
- Seats 500 guests!
- You have to dress up the space as its a warehouse. However, there is so much you can do; the sky’s the limit.
- There are not many places to photograph on the grounds outside, but the natural light in the venue is perfect!
Front & Palmer – Feast Your Eyes Catering
Front & Palmer, in the heart of Northern Liberties, is a gorgeous modern chic space with 35 foot cielings. Named one of Brides.com named Front & Palmer one of America’s top 45 weddings venues! Feast Your Eyes catering rocks this place with incredible food and service. There are some amazing unique places for photos in Northern Liberties.
- Gorgeous, luxurious chic wooded space
- Incredible unique food options
- The staff are fantastic
- Parking can be tough
- Have to travel for outdoor photos
Please Touch Museum – Memorial Hall – Brulee Catering
Another gem located in Philadelphia. Who else has a freaking Merry Go Round in their venue? One other, often not mentioned fact, is that in the spring the space is wrapped with incredible blooming Cherry Blossom Trees.
Contact The Please Touch Museum for more info 215-578-5180 | Please Touch Museum weddings Website | 4231 Avenue of the Republic, Philadelphia, PA 19131
- Great food
- A vast amount of areas for photography on the grounds
- Unique places to photograph inside
- Stunning venue space out front
- Easy parking for guests
- Excellent staff
- seats up to 1000
- 60 foot ceilings
- Busy traveling there for Friday weddings through Fairmount Park
The Union League of Philadelphia
Probably one of the oldest and most historic venues in all of Philly is the Union League! They have been one of the best Philadelphia wedding venues probably for at least a 100 years. It’s filled with robust wood richness, and the ballroom is a guest pleaser and quite large. It will undoubtedly give you all the old world rustic feels!
- Staff is incredible
- A great place in the city to photograph on Broadstreet
- Beautiful staircase outside for photos
- The bridal suite is quite large
- The ballroom is enormous
- You will love the chandeliers
- Located in a busy area in the city especially around rush hour
The Ballroom at the Ben – Finley Catering
Well, if it is good enough for Bradley Cooper to dance in during the Movie Silver Linings Playbook, then it’s good enough for you 😉 It features turn-of-the-century elegance! I have worked here more times than anywhere over the past 15 years. Events always run smoothly with Ott, the venue manager at the helm. Finley Catering always does an amazing job at all of their venues.
Contact Finley Catering for more info 215-627-5100 | Finley Catering Ballroom at the Ben Wedding Website | 834 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Parking is easy
- Food is always great
- Stunning newly renovated ballroom
- Two full-sized bars for your guests!
- Great outdoor balcony to shoot at night
- Top-notch staff
- You have to travel for portraits, but they have great areas to shoot at night there
Horticulture Center – Fairmount Park – Constellation Culinary
How about having your wedding in the middle of a gorgeous giant nature park in Philadelphia? Well The Fairmount Park Horticulture is that special place! It is a modern exhibition hall and Greenhouse for weddings and other invents. Even after a snowstorm in February there were so many unique spaces for their photographs!
- Incredible grounds and unique indoor spaces for photographs
- Open greenhouse to photograph at or warm up on cold winter days
- Great staff
- Indoor ceremony area is great no matter what the weather
- One of the best caterers for food in the city!
- There are additional amazing places in Fairmount Park to shoot
- busy travel area in Philadelphia, especially for Friday weddings
The classic staple of Cescaphe Event Group! The ballroom used to be an old vintage movie theatre. I have been there so many times and always have a great experience working there. The staff is pleasant and accommodating to the guests. The cocktail hour is out of control with the abundance of food. Also, the outdoor area for cocktail hour is the best and having the fresh grilled shrimp and chicken are top-notch.
- Cocktail hour has an enormous amount of food for your guests!
- Great staff
- The beautiful bridal suite that overlooks the ballroom
- The bar in the room is incredible
- There are cool places to shoot within a two-block radius of the venue
- A busy area in Northern Liberties when driving in during rush hour, but the valet is excellent here; therefore, parking is easy.