I had an excellent time shooting Jamie & Chad’s Franklin Square Philadelphia engagement session. It was only about 97 degrees when we shot, so I was rocking my fur to keep me toasty. Thank god, there was a breeze!
I met Jamie & Chad through Megan & Peter, who’s wedding is this fall. Jamie & Chad were friends in college, and so far things kind of worked out 😉 They are now planning their wedding in California next year. But before that, they plan on eating many many times at their favorite Philadelphia restaurant: Radicchio Cafe. Oh and Chad loves the lobster ravioli!
Why Franklin Square in Philadelphia is fantastic!
- I love the close variety of locations that you can shoot. One block up is the National Constitution Center which goes on for about two city blocks and has so many areas to shoot.
- Proximity to the Ben Franklin bridge, if you want to be brave, you can walk up on the side of the Ben franklin for photos, but there will be some people around.
- The “Bolt of Lightning” art sculpture is impressive and has views of the Ben Franklin in the background.
- The fountain! There is nothing like a water fountain to add a little romance to your photographs.
- Trees surround it, so it is an excellent location for fall colors. It offers all that fall color goodness from mid-October to the first week of November.
Why Franklin Square is not so hot!
- $$$$ – They try to kill you if you want to get photos on the merry-go-round. For weddings they want some ridiculous fee to get a picture of you on there.
- They will try to have you get a permit so be on the lookout. The Parks crew in Philly is hit or miss, but you don’t want the hit part when you have your heart set on a particular spot on the wedding day or engagement session.
- Crossing the street from Franklin Square is downright treacherous. At rush out, it is like you are playing human Frogger trying to hop in and out of traffic.
- Can get very busy here, especially if they have a festival or unique installation like the Chinese lanterns they had last year. Check the latest events happening there.
I loved this Franklin Square Philadelphia Engagement session and can’t wait to share our custom GTKY Video we created for them!